Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Why poets have to work for a living....

Just for fun, I thought I would share some of Rainie Lovingston's poetry with you. I offer no judgment on it's quality, except to say that perhaps Rainie shouldn't quit her day jobs...


Scintillating rain falls
Silver lines on the window
Dazzling widened eyes

Lightning flashes out
Slicing the darkening sky
Here and quickly gone

Thunder following
Deep rumbling roar warning
There is more to come

Hearts tremble with fear
More primal than love’s beat
Can this be the one

Wild winds blowing east
Take the breath from young and old
And leave us quiet

Contemplating life
And our light, tenuous hold
On all things thought dear

Until the storms pass
And we revel in sunshine
And laugh at our fear

Here are a couple of gems from her "published" works, mentioned in Rainie Daze:


I love you because
 You don’t see my blemishes
 You don’t see the ugliness in me
You see the person you believe me to be
  And through your eyes
  I am a better person


And another one:

I love you
  Because I do
And sometimes
  That is all that matters



2 comments:

  1. Is there anything you and raine can not do. Love it keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love poems,and Rainies are very good, I wish I could write so Well..

    ReplyDelete